The very first version of Windows, Microsoft's graphical environment for MS-DOS. It is often overlooked due to support for the platform being extremely miniscule at this stage, but you might be stunned by some of its capabilities that could've reached general availability, including a high color multimedia encyclopedia program.
- The earliest leaked build of Windows 1.0
- Alpha release of Windows 1.0, includes programs specifically for rendering shapes
- Beta release of Windows 1.0, introduces a splash screen and color support
- Windows 1.0 Premiere Edition, possibly used for promoting Windows before release
- All the versions of Windows 1.0 made available to end users through retail packages or OEM bundles
Back to main page